advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, November 21, 2008

I just hope it has virtual strollers for me to run into.

If you put it front of me, well, critique happens. Now comes My Mall. More like a traditional mall, the main drawback of this virtual world from what I saw is that it just takes too long to start. If it’s a mall, then start me right off inside walking around. Exploring each store is hit or miss due to what I thought was a slow interface. The ‘just browsing’ thing you do in the real world felt sluggish and unintuitive.

Had enough?

Course not. While the store fronts lead you to websites of the actual brands featured, you feel like you wanted more. Like, annoying questionnaire people asking for a moment of your time more. (Real world tip: To avoid being snagged by one of these clipboard toting freaks, a “No thanks” as you walk faster works, sure, but rocking back and forth mumbling to yourself chewing a pretzel while staring at the floor works much better.)

There are also plans for this to have a community component built into it and some e-commerce features in a year, but damn, a year is an eternity online. Besides, Honeyshed already has that with their consumer shopping experience branded entertainment thing.

No comments: