advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I love Duluth.



A Drudge ad that doesn’t suck. No really, like deep sea giant squid, I knew they were out there, I just haven’t seen one until now. Only took me three years to find it too. The clip above was playing as a banner when I was getting ready to dismiss it as just another conservative attempts humorless anti-liberal headline for a line of Joe the Plumber shirts. Nope. Leads to a simple website by Duluth Trading Company.

At first glance, it looks every bit L.L.Bean (I hate illustrations for clothing sites because they just feel all fashion sketchy), but the style here reinforces a Real Man™ wear flannel vibe without hitting you over the head with the joke. The rest of the site is that way too; the kind of project they likely gave to a writer and said have at it, just make it fun. I know Philips spent a ton on grooming products for men microsites, but, you have to love a similar category using the vintage name of Apothecary. Too bad it took three years to find it.

(Update: Duluth emailed to say the newer version can be found here.)

No comments: