advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Metro PCS knows Indian tech support accents are always funny. Always.



Okay, so it’s less tech support and more gadget show, but Metro PCS’s Tech & Talk are the Click and Clack of India, I suppose. You gotta love a segue on a Segway too! But the real reason you watch is for... THE ACCENTS. There’s nothing to be offended over either, because several comments on YouTube come from Indian people who say it’s a laugh RIOT. So, go ahead, enjoy! (I’d LOVE to hear them say “Has it got a hemi?”) Oh, funny, that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its kind of stupid, same thing as having some chinese people in the ad wearing traditional chinese hats speaking with an accent, or a bunch of mexicans wearing Sombreros.... couldnt they think of something else?

Anonymous said...

@anon 2 - Thanks for proving once again that sarcasm escapes some on the internet. You’re obviously not a regular reader, because if you were, you’d know this is one of several blogs covering the topic of racism in advertising, and doing so almost always with a sarcastic tone. It’s cool though, posting anonymously means you didn’t make a complete fool of yourself. But, please, stay off the net until you understand how it works better.

TickerWatcher said...

I am a person of Indian descent, I find this ad very offensive - just because some Indian people find it humorous does not make it unoffensive.

If I were to make a similar ad with people of African descent and had had poked fun at them for talking with "click" sounds you bet there would be an uproar.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Holy Moly!! It's a Telecom Miracle!!

Anonymous said...

I personally don't find the ads funny- and enough of a reason for me to change the channel. What the hell were the advertisers thinking?

Anonymous said...

I'm not Indian, but I can still tell it's offensive. It's racial stereotyping and I can't believe that Metro PCS is getting away with it.