advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, January 25, 2010

Taco Bell Freakout.



Long before Burger King’s Whopper Freakout, David Letterman worked a Taco Bell drive-up in 1996 as a manager and messed with customers. (He also did a stint at a McDonald’s.) Not saying Leno would’ve been a success had he done more stuff like this, but I remember seeing the trailer for his new show last summer and it looked like it might actually be a show worth watching. They were trying new bits and bringing in a supporting cast. Then I watched it. For about 10 minutes. FF >> now and Coco gets a few months off while sitting on $32 million to ponder his next move. As for Leno, a move to 11:30 won’t do much if it’s more A-list sit-downs promoting its latest movie.

1 comment:

KissMyBlackAds said...

Nice. I discovered Dave around the same time I discovered I was an insomniac. He's been comforting my bleary eyed nights for many years.

I'm happy he didn't take over the tonight show.