advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Comcast says so much for net neutrality.



Friend sent this email in about a change in Comcast service monitoring. Basically, the Usage Meter checks... online usage by an individual. Harmless, I guess. On one hand, you can argue rightfully that bandwidth hogs should not get to pay the same amount as the grandmother who checks her email once every two days. But, I don’t know. A free and open net means free in terms of volume too, no? Maybe that SBC campaign was more right than I know! Nah. How much I pay for something won’t fix the poor bandwith in certain areas. Of course the cynic in me says this is the gateway to eventually controlling when and how much you can access signal, eventually leading to having to book appointments for going online. If, you know, I were a cynic.

No comments: