advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 1 - The tour

Ok, as promised, all the glorious fun. Some photos here, a daily wrap-up here and a little extra here. The video will be uploaded shortly. Some thoughts from the first day to fill in the gaps. These will be shorter as we go but for now...

- No matter how hard you try, you will always forget something. Like the white t-shirts you thought you grabbed from the laundry pile but which turned out to be pillow cases. Shit.

- Being 6’3” becomes an issue when the roof AC vent is right above your head.

- The two best investments are turning out to be the cheapest. Zebra striped pilows for the van and this laptop drawing stabilizer platform thing I’m using right now.

- Blogging while driving over the Long Island Expressway can be done—but if they could just maybe pave it the next time we come through.

- You stop caring about whether the webcam is on or how many people are staring at the van.

- We review video footage, and apart from me hating myself on camera, we like the way it’s turning out. We also start to not care what anyone outside of our group thinks of it. All the negative comments I ever made about other agency promo efforts flash through my mind. I ready my responses to any comments on this whole tour thing and they all start with F. I feel good about that.

- This is one of the coolest wtf shirts I’ve seen in some time.

- Four people can move around the inside of a tight van fairly well. They are cool to be with.

- Even though strippers would probably get us major YouTube traffic, we need to keep focused on the fact that the focus of the video is for brand people.

- The Bagaboo bag needs just one more little pocket on the outside for my cell.

- Darryl is beyond enthusiastic. Something you need to make it through all this. This is very good. He is also trying to get me to use the phrase ‘rock star.’ This, I struggle with however.

- You meet a lot of everyday people every day. Don’t be a dick to them. I have been in too many agencies where this is an unfortuante occurrence.

3 comments:

RFB said...

I think you mean "Rockstar" - one word, capitalized.

And please, for the love of Julie Roehm and Sean Wommack, don't start using it.

Moda di Magno said...

MTLB: Are you planning to run into Adobe's "Air" bus tour? Looks like they have a swanky, swanky bus. http://onair.adobe.com/

Anonymous said...

mdm - our tours miss each other.

jp - problem is, if I put the two words together in on post, bad things. Bad things.