advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, October 3, 2008

Apologizing under the influence.

I think Fullapologies.com is an interesting idea for the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Share stories of personal tragedy involving alcohol and driving, a DUI version of Scared Straight if you will. Among other things, people can also text their friends a message of their choosing for later that night, say at a party, warning them to be careful before trying to get home. The stories are probably real, but I just wish it were the actual people and not actors in front of the camera so it rang truer. As one member of the family and a Gen Y/i/Next member said about it when I showed it to her:

“...well its kind of odd. At work we have this breast cancer awareness story about someone who died and they dedicated a coffee to her and I can tear up reading it. Yet watching/reading this I just rolled my eyes.
So make of that what you will.”

No comments: