advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, January 12, 2009

Tagged and bagged again. 7 things about...

Darryl and Ad Broad both got me this time out. Things you just need to know about me but were afraid to ask. But, because I can’t leave well enough alone, I put my own spin on it and included one extra item which is false.

1) I started working in a restaurant in high school and was going to cooking school, but chose design instead. Closest brush with culinary fame? Cooking an order for Conrad Bain of Different Strokes. Culinary shame? Dropping a well done fillet mignon on the ground as I was plating it. My own personal 1.5 second rule in effect, and choosing not to throw a new one on the grill, I scooped it up, rinsed it off, dipped it in butter, then threw it back on the grill, searingthe hell out of it to kill the germs. (No, this was not Conrad’s steak either.)

2) Even though I drive really fast, every accident I’ve ever been involved in happened A) When I was going under 20 mph, B) When I was parked, or C) Not in the car.

3) Due to an injury while sparring in judo, my left arm doesn’t swing like a normal person’s because, well, most ‘normal’ people go to see a doctor after a separation—they don’t try the Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon filing cabinet method of putting it back in place.

4) Out of all the times I would ‘borrow’ the family car without permission, I only got caught once.

5) I’ve never missed the opening of a movie in a theatre. The few times I would’ve been late, I instead skipped the movie and chose something else that started later. (What. It’s the principle of the thing.)

6) When I was 11, I hit my friend in the side of the head from about 25’ away during a Roman candle fight. (He had a hat on and wasn’t hurt.)

7) I’ve never eaten lobster or crab.

8) Nobody here but advertising’s most unwanted. I’m a major space/natural phenomenon/conspiracy/sci-fi freak still not over the cancellation of The Lone Gunmen. (Hence the theme of some of the science/astronomy postings here.)

Now here’s the part where I name more victims and mention rules:

1) Jetpacks.
2) Ms. Adrants.
3) George Parker.
4) Irene.
5) David.
6) Andy.
7) Corey.

Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.

6 comments:

RFB said...

Do I have to do this again?

http://wheresmyjetpack.blogspot.com/2006/12/stupid-blog-games.html

Anonymous said...

Jetpacks is hereby excused from class.

Anonymous said...

You have made no friends in Sioux Falls today.

* soaks in attention *

On second thought, you have.

Angela Natividad said...

I don't believe you've never eaten lobster and crab.

Anonymous said...

so which one is false? how do we find out?
please don't make me guess ... i suck at guessing.

Anonymous said...

No. 4 is false.