advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, November 8, 2006

A woman’s right to driveway pavers.

The oddest outdoor I’ve ever seen. Came across it in Menomonie, Wisconsin. This even beats the AMC Matador I saw painted up in Green Bay Packer colors that was left in a backyard off a lone stretch of I-94 my last time out. This sign was at the front of cement factory off the same interstate. (Click to enlarge.)

I know the abortion issue is a touchy one for many, and I can usually deal with preachy outdoor stuff like this or this, but this was just so, well, fucking odd. Not sure what side you come out on, but I am a firm believer that cement is not cement until it becomes a block, and not just when it’s sand and gravel.

But that’s just me.

Tags:

3 comments:

Moda di Magno said...

Wow! That's an interesting attempt at an affinity partnership. Manure storage and babies - I'm feeling the link. No I'm not - that's just weird.

Anonymous said...

Excellent find. You gotta love chaotic cobranding. In fact, it kind of ads interest and recall. I remember seeing a handpainted sign outside an old frame house once that read: "Rabbits. Old tires. War stories." I'm still trying to think of a way to make a coutnry song out of it.

Anonymous said...

Actually... if you think about it really hard, trying to make sense of the whole thing, maybe sand and gravel is like the sperm and egg, wet cement is like the fetus.

No matter what you do, the cement will harden into concrete.

But I doubt you could give them that much credit.