advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More Ricky Gervais.

Yeah, yeah. I should marry him and the Geico caveman I talk about them so much. Fucking guy is funny, what can I say. Coolzor has clips of Gervais on the Opie & Anthony show. Check him out talking about The Office and the origin of his character David Brent, not to mention the art of subtle comedy. Something the absolutely criminal American version of the show would do well to emulate more. Sorry, U.K. Office was just better. (He also filmed a scene in this season’s premiere of 24 which may or may not make it into the DVD extras.)

Tags: ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Subtlety is in the eye of the beholder, and can cause excesive blinking. But really, when was the last time subtle comedy scored big in America? Gotsta play to the market. I disagree that the American version is "criminal," though. Danged art directors overstate everything :)

Anonymous said...

Ok then, lemmee just say the only thing more criminal is SNL.

Jesse-Douglas Mathewson said...

There's plenty more criminal between the Office and SNL.

Here's a message from those of us who love the NBC version... NOBODY CARES! Okay, so you think your favorite version is better. That's fine. Watch it, don't watch the other one, and be happy about the fact that you made your own choice.

czeltic girl said...

I'm with you, Bill. NBC Office and SNL: Not even remotely teh funny.

Ah, well. Someone must be watching, as they're both still on. And there's plenty more on the air for me to watch.

And Ricky Gervais is brilliant. I just wouldn't want to be trapped in an elevator with him for any extended period of time. Not unless I had some heavy-duty tranquilizers. And I'm not sure which of us I'd end up using them on. :)