advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, September 3, 2007

I would KILL to have Donnie Iris as my mortgage broker.

Can’t argue with that sentiment from Lost in the ’80s. (It was either that headline or “Need a loan? Donnie Iris’ rates will rock you.” I bet Google China would never allow the following search results: Donnie Iris–mortgage broker. Digging further for a link to include in my recent driving post, I came across his site. Seriously, how cool would that be. Or even David Lee Roth when if the reunion thing doesn’t work out. He also has a MySpace* and apparently still plays out. I meant Donnie, but Mr. 7116 friends has one too. Bastard.

He also had another hit before these two called The Rapper. This sappy parody might be better than Donnie’s version though. I just thank the reality show gods that he’s not shacked up in a house with Gary Busey, Betty White, Linda Carter and Slash somewhere. On second thought, that might be a helluva show.

Ok, so what have we learned? 1) I spend way too much time accidently discovering information about people nobody cares about anymore. 2) If you have Gary Busey and any four people, you have a reality show. 3) Some brand is going to now take The Rapper and use it for their NEW Chicken Fiesta Wrap spot.

And what about Love is Like a Rock? Diamonds, what else.

*Who doesn’t?

Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Moda di Magno said...

OMFG! OMFG! Ah Leah and Love is Like a Rock being two of my flashback weekend favorites - then again, I am old enough to have LOVED them when they were new. Still rocking the frames. Wicked.

Anonymous said...

But now, he’s sporting a more sensible middle-aged frame.