advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Thursday, July 17, 2008

Real American propaganda.

When I saw this spot on Fox* last night, I didn’t know they actually sponsored this series until I went to the Real American Stories website. Then, whatever positive vibe I may have had from the uplifting story dissipated after reading Brought to you by the Fox News Channel line. (Click the ‘My Stories’ link there to hear people talk about, well, only good things.) No, I’m not a half-empty guy, but when most of the stories dismiss problems with “...while it’s not perfect,...” you start to feel Hannitized. Ironic too is the message that says we all have a right to voice our opinion. This coming from the network which routinely shouts down or talks over guests it disagrees with while lobbing softballs to the one it likes. And when they dismiss or ridicule people who talk about the country’s problems as pessimists, then turn around and instill fear with an apocalyptical “...in times like these,” it’s more than disingenuous, it’s downright hypocritical.

*“So why do you watch Fox then?” They fuel my anger.

No comments: